Tuesday, July 1, 2008

30th of June

The day started off by travelling to the airport with andre and silvia on their way to work. I arrived there at 10:00, a little early for my 2:45 flight, but it was no drama.
For some reason my flight was delayed by 1 hr, so i did not get to heathrow airport until around 6:00. I jumped on the underground and headed for kennington station and arrived at about 7. I was very rushed for time as i had booked a ticket to see Erykah Badu at Brixton Academy, which started at 8. To walk from the station to the hotel ended up taking around an hour, carrying my pack and board bag, but i eventually made it. I quickly checked in, had a shower and jumped in a cab to the Venue.
I Arrived there at around 9, so as i walked in (expecting to have missed have of the show) i was glad to see Erykah just comming out onto stage. Her and her bands perfromance was incredible, however the set list was slightly dissapointing with most songs off the new cd, and only 1 or 2 classics. The show finished around 11:30, i bought a t-shirt and finally ate some dinner.

I made the decision to walk back to the hotel to save some money, and it was only a 2km walk and i thought i knew the way. I walked for about 30 mins along main roads until i realised i had lost my bearing and i had no idea where i was. Luckily there was a policeman on the side of the road so i asked if he knew where the hotel was. He said "its about 1km over there, just walk through the parek and turn right and then left".
I started to walk towards the park and find myself walking alone through some London ghetto at 12:30 at night. The streets were really dark and the people were even darker, out on the street playing ball, drinkin 40oz etc. I put my head down and walked a little faster, it was pretty obvious that a white guy from Ballarat didn't belong here. As i reached a more lit area I realise that a few of the men were following me. i turn the next corner and luckily the glowing lights of the hotel appeared.

So now i have just made a coffee and am washing my clothes in the bath. All is well with my wallet in my pocket and no knife wounds.
HERE IS A VIDEO FROM THE BADU CONCERT.

No comments: